Friday 29 July 2011

All you need is Love

I have a couple of extra cards which I have based around the anniversary card I made for my brother a few weeks ago. One is for a wedding card, and another for an engagement card, and all the basic elements are the same, but you can see what a difference a different colour palette and using embossing can make.



The first is an engagement card for a couple from church.
I decided not to go all white and thought black was more contemporary. I used my banana frog alphabet again (Budmo Jiggler), but this time I stamped with embossing ink and embossed with silver embossing powder onto black card. I used cuttlebug swiss dots to emboss some more black cardstock, and then layered these onto some spotty greytone paper I had. A little ribbon finished this off nicely, and was quick to make.

The second card is a wedding card for a friend.
I wanted to stick to more traditional whites and silvers for this, and used some lovely silver thread paper I have to layer onto. I again embossed the letters with silver embossing powder, embossed swiss dots onto some white card and finally made a small shrink plastic embellishment with the happy couples initials and the date of their wedding.

I love it when you find a card that is easy to make and so versitile!

No comments:

Post a Comment