Thursday 13 October 2011

WMSC #68 and OCC Fall Colour Challenge Birthday Card


Welcome to my blog, and I hope you like my take on two challenges, the first is the Waltzingmouse sketch challenge, and the second is the OCC Fall Colours.
WMSC-68

I wasn't sure how I was going to use the colours from the OCC challenge, but it was made slightly easier in the fact that I had some wallpaper scraps from when my dad closed his wallpaper shop which were almost the perfect colours! Only the pool party colour was missing, so I added some ribbon and some background paper to include these colours.


Here are some new stamps I bought from the QVC warehouse, they're Anna Griffin Monogram stamps and you get 6 circle outers, and 2 alphabet sets (you can see half of the scrolly set here, there's also a Times New Roman type font too) I love circles, and thought these looked gorgeous, and they were reduced to £6 so you can't grumble!
I chose to use the dotty circle outer and combine with two of my other stamp sets.

I used a cupcake stamp from my Hero Arts Birthday set, and a sentiment from Waltzingmouse teeny trees.
I enjoyed stamping in versamark and heat embossing with white embossing powder, it gives a beautiful effect. I think I need an antistatic pad though as I battled with a few fingerprints!

The birthday sentiment was bigger than the circle outer, so I stamped the sentiment first, masked with a thin slip of paper and then stamped the circle over the top, I think my paper should have been slightly wider, I'll try that next time!

Overall I'm really please to have been pushed out of my comfort zone with this challenge, because the colours were completely new to me, and I'm obsessed with odd numbers, so really wanted to add another circle stamp, but stuck to the sketch!!!

6 comments:

  1. very pretty! I like that paper, how perfect for the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet CAS card...so glad you played along with the Waltzingmouse sketch...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely CAS design - I do like the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely CAS design, fab colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really sweet card. I like how you mixed stamp sets - its very fun to do, isn't it? Thanks for sharing your project with us this week on Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply adorable! Love how you mixed the stamp sets and the clean design. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete