Wednesday 14 March 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 88 - Baby Card

WMS Sketches_MS font_separate 
Here is my take on this weeks Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.
I was so pleased to hear that some of our University friends had their little twins this week, and so this was the perfect opportunity to make a card. I printed off their names on the computer and made into tiny banners. I stamped Waltzingmouse polka dots (Offbeat Backgrounds) in Memento Angel pink onto some white card. I then cut some circles from white card using my nesties, and at the same time embossed them with some circles. The background of the circles is a Mariannes Die. I didn't have any pink card to use for my layers and die cuts so I improvised and coloured some white card with my promarkers which worked really well. The butterflies are stamped and punches with a Martha Stewart punch.
The small 'Special Delivery' stamp with the date of birth is from Papertrey Ink, and I made a little flower for it to sit on. Some double ribbon finished it off.
I hope you like my take on the sketch!

5 comments:

  1. This card is soooo sweet for the twins! Love how you personalized it, and the sweet pink dots! The butterflies and ribbon are perfect choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Such a sweet card, for an even sweeter occasion! Thanks for joining us this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet card for baby girl twins! love the little butterflies! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, how sweet! Love the little personalized button:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little card! I just adore those polkadots! Thanks for playing along this week at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete