Thursday 21 February 2013

Vintage Paris

For my lovely friend Kirstys birthday I wanted to get out of my usual leafy tree comfort zone. (Kirsty is always joking about my green/tree obsession!) My dad, who owns a wall paper company, had given me a pattern book which had some beautiful vintage Paris images, and I knew this was what I would use. I also wanted to put my silhouette through its paces, and had a few digital clothes mannequin images I wanted to play around with. I had to remove some of the tiny cutting areas I thought were just too small, but I was so pleased with how it turned out! I cut one of the vintage papers with my Spellbinders Labels 4 die, and then layered it onto some kraft which I cut by tracing round the same labels 4 die and then hand cutting. It gives a much thinner layer behind the paper. I stamped an art deco birthday greeting (its a really old wooden one, no idea where from) onto some more kraft and die cut on my cuttlebug with a PTI Fillable frame die. The ribbon is some VVRouleux teal stripe ribbon which I got from QVC last year. The wallpaper is Galerie Memories, and has the most beautiful images. I have a number of card ideas that I'm working on for these papers, including making an Eiffel Tower cut file!





If you fancy any of these beauties on your walls then have a look here.

1 comment:

  1. I bet Kirsty was thrilled with her card. It's gorgeous! Have to say those wallpapers are lovely, off to check out your link x x

    ReplyDelete