Friday 25 February 2011

Card Patterns Sketch 103 -2nd Anniversary Blog Hop

I love a challenge, it really gives you the opportunity to try something different and get crafty!
Today I was taking part in the Card Patterns 2nd anniversary blog hop using their sketch challenge 103.
I'm a very literal person, so my initial thought was to use circles dies for this, and after some great inspiration during the hop I had lots of idea, but then I realised I had some great circle stamps in my Waltzingmouse Teeny Trees set, and that was my inspiration!

I stamped the images onto some cereal box cardboard (I've started saving and cutting them up!), rounded off the corners of the card, and then used 3 strands of  East of India twine, which I twisted to give a slightly different look. I used a stitch tool to make the pattern around the edges.
Hope you like my take on this pattern!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge! This reminds me a art project we had in 6th grade :) You turned it into such a pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is some fabulous upcycling! Great idea using the cereal box...it's thee perfect shade of kraft! Thanks for joining us in the Card Patterns 2nd Anniversary Festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recycling. So glad I found your blog through Kirsty, have enjoyed looking at all your projects. An award awaits on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love those tiny birds you added. So glad you could help Card Patterns celebrate our 2nd anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!
    Found your blog through Kirsty’s. Just wanted to say that I adore your cards and will continue to follow you.
    Please check out my blog and keep up the great work!!
    Paula
    http://buzzardgirl2010.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! Excellent design using the WMS images...and your placement of those birds really do the sketch justice...very clever!

    ReplyDelete