Sunday 13 February 2011

A flowery Birthday card- very unlike me!

Heres a very simple card which, I think, looks fantastic. All you need is 3 different colours of lightweight card. I chose pale yellow, orange and black. Apart from that you just need some ribbon and some flower punches.
I'm not a particularly flowery person, but these 3 punches came from my mums craft stash.
You start by punching a number of flowers in each colour and size (I'll be honest, I struggled with the smaller punch, as it was quite difficult to punch with, and I couldn't get the orange card to cut at all, so choose your cardstock wisely!)
I then layered up the flowers in alternate colours and secured with some silicon glue.
Heres a close up of the flowers.
The main part of the card is a Happy birthday sentiment from the Papermania set Honey and Hugs.
 I stamped onto the pale yellow card in black ink and embossed. I then layered up with black, orange and a further layer of black card. I tried this on the main card with the flowers around, but it looked a bit bare, so I decided that I needed something else in the background. I found some orange backing paper, used my paper trimmer with the wavy blade, and then made a black card layer for underneath. It still needed something else, so I tried it with the ribbon underneath, and I think it really pulled it together. So I am now converted to these little flower punches, and have lots of ideas for how to use them in the future!

Here's another simple card I used the flowers on, and the same sentiment.
I made a quilted background by cutting 3 different complimentary background papers into 1.5" squares and pieced them together. I added the ribbon, sentiment and a simple layered flower. Sometimes the simple things are the best! I will definately be making more of these!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I have that exact same small flower punch and mine eventually just stopped working/punching all together...

    ReplyDelete