Tuesday 8 February 2011

Papertrey Ink Anniversary Challenge card - Go to sentiments

So over on the Papertrey Ink website they are celebrating their anniversary, and as part of the celebrations various competitions are running. This card is made for the Make it Monday challenge.
The main idea of the challenge was to use a variety of sentiments as the main image on the card. If I'd have seen this challenge a few months back I wouldn't have been able to take part, as I had very few sentiments. However, due to sale shopping I have plenty now!

I chose to do a birthday card, and sourced all my birthday sentiments. I used a huge variety of stamps: Waltzingmouse, doodlebug, Heroarts and papermania.
I used the card from an old cereal box to stamp onto, and used forest moss distress ink.
I heat embossed the flames on the candles with silver embossing powder to given it an extra dimension. I matt and layered onto some dark green striped card, and then onto some silver pearlised paper.
I did two of these at once (its the kind of card that you can easily do multiples), and when it came to finishing touches I decided to do gold instead of silver, ie gold embossing powder and gold pearlised paper. It's amazing how such a small change can make a big difference!

1 comment:

  1. what a simple yet gorgeous card! I love how you combined all the different types of birthday sentiments, what a smart idea! good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete