Saturday 16 April 2011

Lila Bug card with Sanderson papers


 Good morning! Today I have a card that I'm really proud of, as its outside of my comfort zone! Firstly it has a figure for an image, and secondly its not greens/naturals! (well a little green snuck in!!)
Last week my lovely friend Kirsty came over for a crafty colouring in night. She brought with her some of her new stamps for me to have a play with, and first up was Lila Bug.

I love the retro style of the bugs. My first thought was to paper piece her dress, so went through my scrap patterned paper and found this lovely green patterned Basic Grey paper. I stamped her onto the paper and just cut out the dress. I also stamped her wings on some centura pearl card which gives them a lovely sheen - you can see it better below. I had a little Promarker tutorial, as Kirsty is amazing with them, and has loads of colours which I don't, and I'm really pleased with the way her face and hair turned out. (My camera isn't great, so you possibly can't see the shading)

As we mainly focused on colouring on the night I left making this card for another time, and in retrospect would possibly have chosen my background papers first! But thankfully I had something which I thought would work. I have a few Sanderson wallpaper postcards, and also some samples of the actual wallpaper (my dad has a wallpaper company, so sometimes he gets sent this stuff) and I just love this pattern (infact I'm sure I've seen this pattern in John Lewis as a gift wrap!), its called Dandelion Clocks. The postcard is a much smaller version of the pattern, but I used a section of one of the full size wallpaper dandelions to create the lined strip behind Lila, and layered it onto some cool tight stripe orange paper.

Lastly I added some ribbon in black and orange, and then a small sentiment, with a scalloped circle in orange behind, cut on my cuttlebug. I finally just gently distressed the sentiment and scalloped circle with some distress inks.

If you like the look of Lila, here are the other bugs you can buy as digis or polymer stamps, and are available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment