Saturday 23 April 2011

Quick Easter gift!

Well my little boy goes to nursery, and he has a key worker who is his main carer (although there are about 7/8 nursery nurses in his area). I like to make her something for Christmas/easter/birthday etc and was racking my brain for something a little different. I'm always inspired by Helen over at Its all fiddle fart for making little treat bags, and I'd already made her one for her birthday with fun kiddie sweets, so I thought I'd make a nice grab bag with some chocolate truffles in. I bought a box of Asda (walmart) chocolate truffles to use, and you get about 12 in the box, so its good value at £1.
I used my nestabilities circles to cut a nice green disc for the bottom of the gift, then placed it in the centre of some wrapping plastic. I scrunched up the sides around the chocolates and used an elastic band to secure before tieing with ribbon. I made a little tag using labels 1 nestabilities in 3 consecutive sizes. I had a sheet of easter peel offs to hand, and used one as a mask while I sponged with some distress inks. I chose the one which is like an egg with a cross in it. I think this masking looked better than the metalic peel off did. I then layered it all up, punched the corner and threaded onto the ribbon. My little mans key worker was really pleased with it, and so was I. I'll definately do something similar again!

No comments:

Post a Comment