Thursday 24 May 2012

Waltzingmouse Blog Party - Felt or Cosy Fabrics

Blog-Party-Logo 70%25

This months challenge over at Waltzingmouse was to use felt or cosy fabrics, and although this was quite a challenge for me I have definitely been converted to felt! I knew that I wouldn't want to go with flowers or the other usual ways to use fabric, so started out by considering a whole felt background (which I even made and will be made into a future card) but then decided on a rainbow themed card (you know how I love a rainbow!!)
I love rainbows because they signify Gods love for us and his promises for us even when things seem to be a disaster, and often the time after we have troubles is the most blessed.
So I used my nestie circles to cut out varying sizes of rainbow coloured felt I had and pieced together. When I have made a card rainbow in the past I've just layered up the card, but with the felt this isn't so practical, as it ends up about an inch thick, so I had to cut out thin bands of the felt instead, using two nesties at once.
I glued them to a circular piece of card, and once dry cut in half. Below is the original, and the one I distressed for the card - the yellow and orange were just too vivid for my liking!


I used the Teeny trees set to stamp a sun and come clouds onto some white card and cut out, and once I'd sponged the background with Broken China and Forest Moss distress inks I used the smallest tree trunk stamp to stamp the trees.

The sentiment is stamped using a stationers stamp set where you have to take each letter and lodge in a plastic holder until you make your phrase. It takes a while, but I like the look it gives, and also means you can customise any sentiment you like.


I hope you like this card, and head over to waltzingmouse to see the other people taking part in this months waltz.

There's also still time to enter my blog candy draw for reaching 25 followers (26 now!)

27 comments:

  1. Love your design! what a lot of work to get that rainbow all cut out! it's SO colorful - love your clouds and trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous. I love your rainbow, and am so glad you showed your trick of making it, or I would have been puzzling all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love the felt rainbow - just such a cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bee...how amazing is this rainbow. Such a great reminder to keep our heads held high for there is a silver lining to every trial. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful rainbow - I love it! and your message is heartwarming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rainbow looks SO gorgeous!! I love the colours and all the work you did to create it. It's a lovely scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That felt rainbow is beautiful and your scene is like a beautiful spring day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rainbow you have created is so smart and love the way you did it. Bee you are right we get many graces after dealing with a bad storm. Adorable card. Sweet message in you blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these blog parties, I get such great ideas...your rainbow is something I would never have thought of in a million years, but is so bright and cheery. I love it, you are very creative to have come up with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Your rainbow is amazing - so beautiful in felt - still amazed at how perfect you got it cut and attached to your card. Have a great day and a fun Hop, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful and inspiring scene you have created! I love the felt rainbow and you did such an awesome job getting it all put together. Thanks for sharing how it was done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very, very clever! Who does not love a rainbow and yours out of felt is just so beautiful. And it goes so well with the clouds and your sentiments, just so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing! I love how you made the colors more subtle and the way you used Teeny Trees! Thank you for your post, too, much needed today and brought a tear to my eye. Hard to remember during hard times but so true. Heartfelt thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. An inspiring post and an awesome card, Bee. Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this felt rainbow is just beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally awesome use of teeny trees and love your rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so impressed! That rainbow is genius and thank you for showing us how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this rainbow!!
    And you used Spellbinders instead of a rainbow die...
    genius!!
    I'll be giving this a try...
    as well as saving a little "fun money" for something else! ;)
    Such a fabulous card...
    just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful card and sentiment! And very clever use of your dies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun card! Love the vibrant felt rainbow! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow - I LOVE that rainbow - thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is amazing, especially the way you made the fabulous rainbow! I love rainbows too and especially their significance. Your sun is also a piece of true creativity! God bless Kx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow - what a great card! I love how you decided not to do a typical flower (which is what I did). Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. love your rainbow creation!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So sweet! Love your felt rainbow--thanks for sharing how you created it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your rainbow - what a fantastic idea (and one I might steal for a scrapbook page if that's ok!) Your clouds and sun are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute! Love the rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete