Monday 7 May 2012

Welcome Emily

So last week my little Niece Emily was born, she is my 2nd niece and she is just gorgeous!
Here's the card I made for her.
Stamps: Plaid background stamp on the labels 1 shape is Waltzingmouse Offbeat backgrounds
The butterfly is stamped with polka dots from Waltzingmouse Offbeat backgrounds too. 
The Welcome baby and date stamps are from Papertrey Ink Postmarks set.
Ink: Main images are inked with Memento Dew Drop Angel Pink
Small date circle was too pale in angel pink so I used Colourbox Lilac ink.
Die cuts/Punches: Butterfly is Tonic Studios
Stacked nesties are Spellbinders Label 1 and label 4 - label 4 is embossed with polka dots.
Under the ribbon is a strip from some Bazzill basics die cut strips. 
Little circle is the spellbinders nestie smallest circle size.
The chipboard letters I've had for ages.
Cardstock: Background striped paper is from papermania, don't know which pack, sorry!
Ribbon: VV Rouloux



I also stitched her a personalised blanket. The rabbit is just cut from white fleece material and I embroidered the main features. I then cut out the letters from white fleece (using some chipboard letters as a template!) and then when I'd stitched them on in white I added some outline stitching to make it stand out a little. The blanket itself was from Sainsbury's (a supermarket) and has cute little hearts almost embossed on it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so very precious...a truly adorable card to welcome Miss Emily into the world. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is WONDERFUL! Didn't I read that you are pregnant too? How great that your babies will be so close in age.
    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete