Thursday 16 December 2010

Christmas Cards done!

So I have finally got round to making some Christmas cards. I had intended to make 15 for very close family and friends, but as most needed posting out I decided to cut it to 8 as I was concerned I would miss the last Christmas post otherwise! I always try to make sure my Christmas cards put across the true meaning of Christmas, so this year I chose the two ideas of 'Prince of Peace' and 'Star of wonder'.
I couldn't decide which I wanted, so did a background paper for both. I used my Digital Scrapbook Artist(DSA) to design the background paper using key scriptures (Isaiah 9:6 "They will call Him Wonderful Counsellor..." and Matthew 2 "We saw his star in the east") and then printed them off.
I haven't got my cuttlebug yet, or my spellbinders dies (only 4 more days til my birthday though!!yey!!) but I fancied a label 1 die shape. Luckily the DSA had a similar shape, so I printed off some to use.



 For the next few I used some inchie squares and alternated the colours and the images. I stamped images in clear ink and then used clear embossing powder. When I added the ink with the makeup sponge it left the image. I really like this technique. I did find though its only effective with darker inks. This Joy/Peace background paper is from a mat stack.
 I really like how this came out. Its supposed to represent Prince of Peace, but Honey said "King of peace" which doesn't make as much sense, but I guess means the same! I prefer the first one of these in terms of the shading.


I played around with the star of wonder label and used various inks to shade it, so none of them are actually the same. This final picture is my favourite. I used gold ink on the label, and although it doesn't look gold it does look really vintage. Theres also a burgandy band of organza ribbon across the centre.

I hope you like these and maybe inspired. Hope you have a good Christmas.
"For to us a child is born,
   to us a son is given,
   and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
   Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
   Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7Of the greatness of his government and peace
   there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
   and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
   with justice and righteousness
   from that time on and forever. "
Isaiah 9 v 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment