I am pleased to say I have FINALLY finished the Advent quilted calender. It really was starting to challenge me towards the end, the binding was like my nemesis! I messed up the mitred corners and had to remove a section of the binding, but I then struggled to attach the new binding properly. I guess I'll learn from these little errors though and be able to handle them better next time. I even managed to find the doweling and caps at Hobbycraft on thursday which was a great relief too. The picture shows it hanging up in our living room, the bottom doesn't want to hang straight, but I have no idea how to remedy that, I'm hoping over time it will just settle. I'm really pleased with how its turned out - eventually!- and am sure it will become a well loved piece of our Christmas family traditions.
I managed to get some cuttlebug dies and embossing folders, some stamp sentiments, some flowersoft (which I've never used before, but at £2.99 for 7 pots I couldn't resist!) and motifications, and also a few embellishments. I was like a kid in a sweet shop! Most of the stuff is being added to my Christmas/Birthday craft presents that Honey is organising for various family members to give me. They are on top of my new Cuttlebug, Spellbinders dies, Tim Holtz distress inks, Promarkers and stamps!I'm so excited!
Anyway, I'd better go.
Hope the Christmas preparations are going well, and we can keep sight of the true meaning of Christmas amongst all the other things.