Sunday 12 December 2010

Masculine card with embossed background

Well I thought it was time to post a card, and here is one I made for my Honey for his birthday last week. I wasn't sure what I was going to make, but having been inspired by http://stamptv.ning.com/video I had a few techniques in mind that I wanted to play around with. The first was the embossed background. I used my Ultimate pro to score a horizontal line towards the base of the card, then some diagonal lines across the rest. This gave a lovely crisp background. I then stamped the bee image onto some watercolour card and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Using a makeup sponge I added 2 shades of blue ink (royal blue and sky blue) to the image, which gives a lovely effect. I matted this onto a white cardstock, then navy blue cardstock. I used the makeup sponge to go over the embossed lines on the card for a little bit of colour, and finally stamped the word "honey" in the bottom corner using individual letter stamps.
I like the way it turned out, and will definately be using the clear embossing technique, and the background techniques again. Sorry for the poor quality photo, hopefully I can get a better picture next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment