Monday 1 October 2012

Baby Boy Card

Here is a baby card for some friends for the birth of their little boy Jake.
I started off by cutting and embossing a Labels 1 spellbinders nestability with the Cuttlebug New Baby embossing folder. I did this onto some baby blue card and then sponged with Broken China Distress ink. Next I cut and embossed a Labels 4 nestability in white card and using a grid mask, and again sponged with Broken China ink.  I used some chipboard letters to spell out his name.

The card blank was stamped directly with a plaid/check from the Waltzingmouse Offbeat Backgrounds stamp set (Whispers Starry Starry Night ink). I used some teal blue felt for some of the embellishments, cutting them was really easy with my cuttlebug, much easier than I anticipated, although I wouldn't try an intricate pattern. The first was a scalloped piece (Spellbinders Scalloped edgeabilities) and then I did a small cuttlebug star. To personalise the card a little more I added the little circle sentiment and the date of birth using my Papertrey Ink Postmarks set.



1 comment:

  1. This is such an adorable baby card. I have to say that Tumbled Glass is my very favorite distress ink color, and looks fantastic on this precious project.

    BTW - thanks for your kind and encouraging words on my blog today. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

    ReplyDelete