Tuesday 30 October 2012

Embossed wedding card

I'm sorry I have a bit absent from here recently, but I have been up to lots of different things, more of which I can reveal in a week or so. For now I have a card I made for my mother in laws wedding in September. I wanted to stick to a classic white/ivory colour scheme, and I think embossing always looks classy. I CASE'd a card from Colleen Dietrich here which I had seen earlier in the year and just loved. I cut some circles from some centura pearl card using my circle nestabilities and then embossed them and inked the edges with some    antique linen distress ink.

I had some chipboard alphabet letters, but they were a glossy burgundy colour, so I versamarked them and then used some white embossing powder on them, then inked them up also. The small frame was cut out using my nestabilities labels 1 dies from a white card, I stamped some nice classic liberty type images and used white embossing powder on them, and then sponged the rest of the card leaving the flourishes as a contrast. I even added some bling to the corners of the label which is really out of my comfort zone!


Finally I added an embossed strip which was layered over some ivory ribbon and layered them all onto an A5 white card base. 

Thanks for visiting, come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment