Thursday 4 August 2011

My Monkeys 2nd birthday today!!

This time two years ago I was holding my beautiful little man for the first time! How quickly these two years have passed. He has brought so much joy into our lives and is becoming such a little character!
This morning they showed his birthday card on Channel 5 and he was so excited!! It was only for like 2 seconds but we have it recorded. (Cbeebies is much better, but I missed the 2 MONTH deadline for sending that in! I hadn't even thought about making his card 2 months ago!!!) Here's the card (Its A2 size for tv!)

We had an early birthday party last night as we're at a wedding today and it was lovely to have our local family around (we visited hubbies family last week). As monkey is currently obsessed with badgers (long story!), I made him a cake based on this one I saw online. I've watched a few sugar craft shows on create and craft, so had a little experiment and was pleased how my badgers came out.

I decided to paint them with black food tint as it was cheaper than buying the black icing (or trying to make my own!). I had bought a tube of black writing icing but it was awful and my test writing was horrendous, so I painted on the wording with the same tint.

Not perfect, but hey!
Here are some more pic of it!


I had some left over icing, so made some little cupcakes too.

I had some left over icing, so made some little cupcakes too.
 I hope you like it, it tasted delicious (vanilla sponge with raspberry jam and buttercream in the middle) and joey loved it!

5 comments:

  1. The cake is gorgeous! Love the little cupcakes too. Hope Joey had a great day! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore your cake and cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing! It's strange the things little ones become obsessed with. Alex is currently obsessed with trees. He even knows some of the Latin names. I can just about recognise an Oak!!

    I hope your little Monkey had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that cake and little matching cupcakes, oh my goodness it's just amazing. How fun that your card was on tv! Happy birthday to your little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness! Those little badgers and mushrooms are the most ADORABLE things! You did quite excellently, and should be very, very proud!!

    ReplyDelete