Wednesday 17 August 2011

Waltzingmouse blog waltz - Tea/Coffee



Welcome to this months blog waltz, where the theme is Tea or coffee. My two main bits of inspiration for this card were my Tea dye distress ink, and also a lovely set of stamps I have which include a tray of tea!
I started by stamping a lovely Lila Bug stamp by Kirsty Wiseman and coloured with promarkers, and then created a random leaf pattern using my teeny trees waltzingmouse stamps. I stamped my Lila bug again over the pattern so I could paper piece the dress onto my main Lila. I also stamped a tea table from another Kirsty Wiseman set called Come on Over, coloured with promarkers, and cut off the table legs to make a tray.

Next I took some doilies, for two of them I cut off the outer part to create a smaller version of the doily, and then inked up one with Forest moss distress ink, and the other with Tea Dye distress ink. I then layered them all up.

The background is the polka dot stamp from Waltzingmouse Offbeat Backgrounds, stamped onto cream card with the tea dye distress ink. I layered this onto some kraft paper, and made a little wavy edge banner to go across the front. The sentiment is from the Come on Over stamp set.

Here is Lila holding out her tea tray! I sponged gently around her dress with more forest moss.

I hope you like my tea inspired card! 

13 comments:

  1. Your idea for creating the pattern-pieced dress with the tiny leaf stamp is pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card - at first I thought the dress was designer paper - and you've made a super job of it. I like the layered and coloured doily too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, would never have thought of her holding the tray like that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little tea angel! Love how you manipulated the images to create your design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just precious. Love your background and your fun technique that you shared with us. Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card, and the details show what care you took with it. The doily is so apt for a tea card too!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love the stamped polka dot background and darling image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable!! I love the sweet little gown you created for your angel!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the cutest little tea angel! I love how you used what you had to participate in the waltz. I am new to WM and am building my supply, so I totally loved that you worked with what you had given the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute angel with tray of tea! I love how you created her patterned dress. Don't you just love Teeny Trees?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely adorable. I do love polka dot backgrounds and the paper piecing and pattern-making for the dress is genius! Love it! TFS.

    ReplyDelete