Thursday 25 August 2011

Rocket birthday card Challenge Card



Today I have a card which is for two different challenges. Its for the waltzingmouse sketch challenge #61 and also the new monthly challenge over at Young Crafters Unite.
The sketch we had to work from is shown here:
[WMS61-card%255B3%255D.jpg]


 and the challenge for Young crafters unite was to colour a stamped image.

As soon as I saw the sketch I thought of a moon with a rocket, as I have an amazing set from Banana Frog called Retro Space which I have been looking for an opportunity to use.
So I stamped the main rocket onto some white card and coloured with my promarkers and cut out.
The moon is just a spellbinders circle die and then I used Antique linen distress ink to give it some shading and depth. I decided I wanted a little trail coming from the rocket, so I used my trusty waltzingmouse teeny trees stamps, stamped in versamark and then used my brand new cosmic shimmers on it!
Here you can also see the background paper which is just navy paper stamped with versamark stars.


 I wanted to add some stars that were colour matched to the rocket, and so using a tip from my friend Kirsty I just used my promarkers, coloured in some white card and then just cut the stars from the matching colours using my cuttlebug star dies!
The last few finishing touches were to use some green card, punched with a Dovecraft star punch all the way along, which I placed over some matching blue ribbon. I then ripped a star ikea napkin to layer onto. I also stamped the Happy birthday sentiment (Hero Arts) onto some plain white card, and because it looked a little plain I stamped some extra teeny trees stars over the top and added cosmic shimmers. I hope you like my take on both challenges!

5 comments:

  1. Hee, what a cool idea for that little WMS starry swirl! Such a fun idea for this sketch, love the rocket and the navy night sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card! Thanks for playing with us at YCU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! Thank you so much for joining our first Young Crafters Unite challenge =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you laid out all of the pieces for a photo -- great visual! Thank you so much for playing along with our first challenge at Young Crafters Unite! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you showed the different parts of your card. I would never be able to do to that - I can never think ahead that far! Adorable card; such a great card to give a guy. Thank you for playing along with us at the first Young Crafters Unite challenge!

    ReplyDelete