Wednesday 31 August 2011

Tree names Bookmark


So today I bring you a bookmark I have made for my cousins little boy. He loves trees, and even knows some of the latin names! I love it when kids become interested in stuff and want to learn, guess that's the teacher in me!
So I thought I would make him a little bookmark, and it also ties in with two bookmark/tag challenges.
Here's the sketch from waltzingmouse sketch challenge
Totally stampalicious also have a challenge to make a bookmark.

I started by going online and finding the latin names of some common UK trees. I imported them into my Digital Scrapbook Artist and played around for a while and created this background paper.

I also printed off a list of the trees to go on the back of the bookmark so he can learn them if he wants to.

After distressing the edges of the paper I layered it onto some green card and cut into a tag/bookmark shape.
I wanted to ass his name to the front, so made a background using my teeny trees leaf stamp, then stamped over the top with versamark and clear embossing powder using my Banana frog Budmo Jiggler alphabet stamps. I then carefully cut around each letter and inked the edges.


I wanted some little tree images too and so used teeny trees stamps and cut them out individually.
 I finally punch a hole in the top and added some deep green grosgrain ribbon. I hope he likes it. If it had been a card I would have added more dimension to the little trees and his name, but as its for a bookmark I wanted it to be pretty flat!

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea, I'm sure he loved it! It can go inside all of his nature textbooks :)

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet idea, and such a cool little gift for your nephew. PERFECT use of Teeny Trees on that bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow what a great idea! Gorgeous tag! Thanks for sharing this week at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job with the sketch, I love the trees.... thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome bookmark! Thanks for playing at Totally Stampalicious this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic gift for your nephew!!! Your handmade DP is AWESOME!!! Thanks for playing along with Totally Stampalicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bookmark and the dp you created is absolutely fabulous! Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive! Very nice paper you created.
    Morning Has Broken

    ReplyDelete