Wednesday 10 August 2011

Triple Embossed Wedding Card


Here I have made a wedding card for a friend getting married soon. I was excited to use my doodlebug wedding stamps which are amazing.

I couldn't decide which ones to use, so decided to do 6 small images in individual squares. I coloured each with promarkers and then triple embossed each little image. This took ages, and was really fiddly, and made me decide to order some Glossy Accents (its in the post!). It really does make it look much better though. I also cut some slightly bigger squares on my cuttlebug using my square dies and then embossed around the edge with some gold embossing powder. These were layered onto some burgundy paper which is almost like angel hair and has gold strands through it.

The background is a stamps away musical score stamp, I used a gold ink pad, which didn't stamp very well, but it was actually nicely subtle. The whole thing is layered onto to some burgundy paper which has a linen pattern. I chose this colour because its the wedding theme.

I'm using hubbies new camera for these, and its amazing to be able to get some close up shots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment