Monday 15 August 2011

Pink Fairy birthday card


Today I'm showing a cute little card I made for a friends little girl. I have a few little girly stamps I picked up very cheaply in our local bargain shop and was looking to use them on a card for the first time. Having been inspired to use labels by the recent waltzingmouse sketch challenge I decided to go for a mini label! 
I stamped one of the fairies onto a mini label in memento black ink. I then waited while it dried (the mini labels are glossy and smudge easy, so I had to be patient!). I then coloured the fairy with promarkers and then used a Quickie glue pen and some super fine glitter to give her some bling.

I took some pink cardstock and using a Dovecraft star edge punch I punched out a line of stars. I then cut some shiny metallic paper to go behind this and cut a wavy edge into it. I also die cut a circle with a wavy edge in the pink cardstock. I have a little stash of ready to use sentiment circles printed off from a Kirsty Wiseman CD, and so I took the circle and punched a candle into it. I put a little scrap of the metallic paper behind the punched candle and then layered it up. Finally I used some background paper which I printed off from my Digital Scrapbook Artist (can't remember which digikit, sorry!). I will definitely use this fairy stamp again as its super cute when coloured!

No comments:

Post a Comment